As original sources and brokers of biomass, we strive to lead the industry in the harvest and utilization of wood residuals and logging by-products. We are proud to be one of the first timber companies in the region to promote and market “waste wood” on logging jobs.
We maintain a unique competitive advantage over competing timber companies by operating a Biomass Procurement Management division. Corbett Timber has a measurable track record to successfully manage the procurement of biomass for private firms. Our extensive network in the timber industry allows us the ability to stay well-informed on market trends, opportunities and current legislation affecting our industry.
Our turnkey, experienced staff of biomass procurement managers and administrators have proven abilities to:
- Establish and maintain sustainable biomass supply chains.
- Monitor product quality in the field prior to delivery; mindful of size specifications, BTU value, ash and moisture content.
- Locate and integrate suitable alternative sources of biomass decreasing costs and minimizing risks.
- Identify future site locations based on market analysis and empirical knowledge.
- Handle all accounting and necessary administrative burdens.
- Create and utilize GIS and accounting data to develop market strategies.